The end of a favourite series is a time of mourning. But also excitement, fear and nervousness. Saying goodbye to our baes is tough.
It’s a trying time – here are tips on how to survive it.
1. Uncontrollable sobbing
Get it out of your system. Whether the ending was perfect or disappointing, happy or sad, it is over. It’s time to start the mourning process.
2. An instant re-read of the series
Go back to the beginning and relive the glory, the angst, and the (inevitable) heartbreak of your faves. Sometimes it’s the only way deal with the end.
3. Binge-watching the movies
Lots of our faves have been turned into an epic series of movies or a TV show and a re-watch is a good way to get a quick fix. Good or bad, there’s still some of the original in there somewhere.
4. Ice cream is the answer
There’s nothing that ice cream can’t fix, especially when you’re full of feelings that you don’t know what to do with.
5. Force a friend to read it and live vicariously
Just think about the joyful conversations you can have as your BFF discovers this thing of wonder. And then once they finish the series you can eat ice cream and binge watch the movies together!
6. Talk to other fans online
Sadly, not all of our friends are bookish, and even if they, waiting for them to catch up can be torture. The internet’s got your back. Take to Twitter or Tumblr and revel in the fandom.
7. Find a new fave
Head to the library or the bookstore and take in the wonder. Thousands of books just waiting for you to devour! There’s a whole load more characters waiting to be fallen in love with…
How do you endure the horror of a beloved series ending? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks
- Which book took the crown in the battle of the August book covers?
- Quiz: which YA novel should you read based on your favourite member of Little Mix?
- Matching jackets, character deaths, and 7 other worries you’ll only understand if you’re a die-hard bookworm
- Having a bad day? 6 quotes that’ll give you hope when nothing’s going to plan
- Bookmail at its best… LitJoy Crate are making lady rebels of us all
- From Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen what are your fave YA characters actually made out of?