‘Sunkissed’ is one girl’s wacky adventure on a Swedish island – and we are totally in love. Light without being shallow, well-written and totally hilarious, we highly suggest you get your hands on this Jenny McLachlan triumph.
“Kat can’t believe her family are sending her to Sweden for the summer. But without her friends, or even a phone signal, can Kat make it on her own?
In a land of saunas, nudity and summer sun, Kat soon realises she has nowhere to hide. It’s time to embrace who she really is, underneath what she’s been thinking people want her to be. Especially if she’s going to win the heart of mega fit Swede Leo! Can Kat find her inner strength and prove she’s got what it takes?”
In honour of Jenny McLachlan’s fantastic new read, Bloomsbury decided to get all summery and take a bunch of #SunkissedSelfies. Here are a few of our favourites:
— Bloomsbury Kids UK (@KidsBloomsbury) August 13, 2015
— Emma Bradshaw (@EmmaCBradshaw) August 13, 2015
— Lizz Skelly (@LizzSkelly) August 13, 2015
Continue the ‘Sunkissed’ chat on Twitter with the hashtag #sunkissedreadalong.
More bookish articles?
- Take our Bad Boy Quiz and find out who you would pick in ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ – good boy Tom or rock star Jack?
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of ‘Am I Normal Yet?’ by Holly Bourne
- Soman Chainani, author of ‘The School For Good and Evil’ is taking over MP!’s twitter WEDNESDAY 7PM
- We need YOU to review ‘Demon Road’ by Derek Landy
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of William Sutcliffe’s ‘Concentr8? – where London kids are controlled with prescription drugs
- Check out ‘I’ll Give You The Sun’ taking over the London Underground