Nothing says Summer like “Summer”. Literally. So we thought we’d make sure your TBR was well stocked in the coming months with these aptly titled books.
Summer has arrived, dudes.
1. ‘Lying About Last Summer’ by Sue Wallman – A book about grief and how it can manifest itself. Very ‘We Were Liars’ and we love that.
2. ‘Summer Days and Summer Nights’ edited by Stephanie Perkins – The book we were all unconsciously craving since ‘My True Love Gave to Me’. Summery short stories by authors we adore? Yes plz.
3. ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ by Jenny Han – Possibly the perfect beach companion. This 3-parter has “summer” in every title. So it gets triple points.
4. ‘Second Chance Summer’ by Morgan Matson – You can always rely on this author for good, solid story-telling. And this book is no different.
5. ‘The Second Summer of the Sisterhood’ by Ann Brashares – Who doesn’t want to revisit the “travelling pants” girls again? And again. And again.
6. ‘Open Road Summer’ by Emery Lord – It’s straight on to the tour bus for these BFFs. Expect plenty of on-the-road and backstage drama.
7. ‘That Summer’ by Sarah Dessen – The Dessen. What summer is complete without her? A page-turning coming of age story that doesn’t skimp on the feels.
8. ‘The Square Root of Summer’ by Harriet Reuter Hapgood – A quirky story about grief and heartache and finding yourself again. Plus time travelling. Sort of. Which is neat.
9. ‘The Summer I Became a Nerd’ by Leah Rae Miller – A feel good book about accepting your true self and learning to love it.
10. ‘Five Summers’ by Una LaMarche – Four best friends, five summers of camp memories. Nostalgia abound, this is another feel-good story.
11. ‘Twenty Boy Summer’ by Sarah Ockler – 20 days in Zanzibar Bay? Yes please. The possibility of meeting a boy on each of those 20 days? Double yes please. The secret hiding in Anna’s heart? Max drama.
Which are your favourite “summer” titles? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
Already read them? Welp, looks like it’s time for a re-read!
- Some of the best YA trans lit including ‘If I Was Your Girl’ by Meredith Russo
- Join CJ Flood for a spot of nightwandering this June
- From self-confidence to tough times, we share some of our favourite nuggets of wisdom from ‘Notes on Being Teenage’
- The full YALC schedule has been released! Wanna see?
- Jenny Downham’s ‘Unbecoming’ is so quotable you’ll run out of page markers!
- Quiz: We bet you haven’t read all of Jacqueline Wilson’s books!
- Call yourself a fan of LGBT+ YA? We bet you haven’t read all of these…
- A Guide to Literary Brighton
- June is bringing a boat load of amazing new releases – these are the ones we’re going crazy for!
- There’s going to be a third ‘Girl Online’ book from Zoella!