There’s been a lot in the news recently about our lovely Little Mixer Jesy Nelson; she hurt her foot on tour in Kuala Lumpur and there’s even rumours that she might be leaving the band. She’s a busy girl, so it’s no surprise that she’s feeling a little tired and in need of a break.
With exam season in full swing, we understand that some of you are feeling a little overworked and in need of a bit of a break and that’s totally fine. Sometimes life gets the better of you.
But it doesn’t have to. Here’s our top tips on what to do when you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed and need a rest.
1) Stop whatever you’re doing: Sometimes the first step is the hardest and if you’re in a routine it can be hard to stop. Just drop whatever you’re doing right now.
2) Take a breather: Take a few deep breaths and relax. Meditation is also good and it’s not just about chanting “UMMMM!” for 20 minutes. It’s as simple as sitting in your bedroom for a few minutes on your own.
3) Do something you enjoy: A brief moment away from your studies is fine; you deserve a break. Play some games, listen to music, do whatever you love to do.
4) Talk to your friends: They’re probably going through what you’re going through right now. Talk to them, tell them how you’re feeling and let it out.
5) Take a walk: Fresh air does the body good. Go to the park or take the dog for a walk to clear your head.
6) Ask for help: Never be afraid to ask for help. You’ll be surprised how many people have asked before you.
7) Relax: Remember, this is only temporary and it will get better. Look ahead and always think of tomorrow.
You can do this! We’ve got faith in you. Let us know your exam horrors or any other problems @maximumpop