Lottie, Amber and Evie became a feminist powerhouse by sitting in their bedrooms talking about sexism and tearing down the patriarchy – and so can you!
We’ve got everything you need to know to start your own club.
Gather your besties.
Who else are you going to conquer the world, share cheesy snacks, and gossip with during meetings?
Assemble cheesy snacks.
Wotsits. Stinky French cheese. Mini cheddars. If it’s cheesy, it has to be at a Spinster Club meeting.
Set an agenda.
Which mammoth topic are you taking on today? The media, gender norms, intersectionality? There’s a lot to pick from so choose wisely.
Shout about the Spinster Club loud and proud.
Badges, t-shirts, posters, newsletter, a Twitter – everything. Get your names out there, pull in some supporters and you never know, you might even make some new friends worthy of the Club.
Take a leaf out of Lottie’s book and call out the sexism around you, ask questions, challenge ideas – but only if it’s safe for you to do so. That should always come first!
Grab your copy of ‘What’s a Girl Gotta Do?’ right here.
What would you include in your first Spinster Club meeting? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks
- How many books do you own with an “inspired by” title?
- 7 working titles that never made it to the front cover of these much loved Classics
- Do you think classics aren’t for you? Take a look at these and think again
- 10 essential cosy reads to fall for this Autumn
- John Green, Stephanie Perkins and 7 other authors we desperately want a new book from
- You Review: We need 10 lucky MP!ers to read & review the ‘Broken Sky’ trilogy
- These 13 tweets will totally be you after finishing Tyler Oakley’s ‘Binge’
- These shelfies are serious #goals and we have all the jealousy