There’s nothing wrong with a standalone book, but sometimes there’s a longing, a deep ache, that just is left behind after finishing it. Unlike a series where you know there’s more to come, a standalone is all you’re gonna get, sandwiched between a front and back cover.
It still tastes good, but when it’s gone, it’s gone. That doesn’t stop us from dreaming though, eh? Here we list some of the books we have a MIGHTY NEED to see a sequel for.
We know this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are SO MANY BOOKS that need a sequel or we might die from not knowing what became of those beloved characters.
Is there a book you desperately wish/hope/need a sequel for? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks9
- Five reasons you need to read ‘Flawed’ by Cecelia Ahern right now
- Maximum Pop! Books Presents: A Guide to Literary Bath
- Reviewer Round-Up: Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Carry On’ is “a one-of-a-kind homage to fanfiction”
- 32 Reader Problems – because we know the bookish struggle is real
- 9 most unique books we’ve had the pleasure of reading, incl. the bizarre ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend’