Shelf envy is real. And it’s totally valid to feel it creeping up on you when you see your fave booktubers, bloggers, bookstagrammers showing off their #shelfie.
But fear not. If you’re without adequate shelf space here’s some cute ways to stack all of the books. Because let’s face it, all you really need is a flat surface, forget fancy storage solutions.
1. The half-up, half-down. Just like hair. Plus, piling them like this by COLOUR will definitely rock your room:
2. The this-way, that-way. Stack this as high as you dare. And extra fun? Taking one out is like a dangerous game of Jenga!
3. The spiral staircase. Featuring a favourite author, or your #TBR, or whatever.
4. The Display Case. Put those hardbacks to good use. And if you’ve got a whole series in HB you can display your merch in the cubby whole.
5. The book-shelves. Make these as high or as low as you require. And then you can put stuff on the wings. Probably.
But if you’re feeling more ambitious… We’ve found these bookish heroes and they’re stacks for inspiration:
How do you stack yours? Tweet us a photo @maximumpopbooks
- WIN! 1 of 15 signed copied of the brilliant ’13 Minutes’ by Sarah Pinborough
- 7 books we’d love to see turned into a TV series
- WIN! 1 of 3 ‘Glass Sword’ bundles, including brand new special editions and a tote bag!
- Who said it: Disney or Stephanie Perkins?
- 5 reasons why ‘The Moonlight Dreamers’ feels “dangerously close to excitement”
- A Literary Guide to Southampton by Stephanie Derham
- Judge a Book By Its Cover: ‘Sing’ is “simple but eye-catching” with it’s classy cover and pop of colour! But what do you think?
- What do you need to read after binge watching…’Gilmore Girls’?