Alright, the trains legitimately suck right now.
— Chad Stevens (@Chad__Stevens) December 13, 2016
And it doesn’t look like it’s getting any better. HOWEVER, if you’re one of the unfortunates, it’s definitely a good time to whip out your kindle and download a bloody good read to take your mind of it. Here’s our recs:
1. ‘All of the Above’ by Juno Dawson
I would suggest that people affected by the @SouthernRailUK fuckery descend on parliament but WE'D NEVER FUCKING GET THERE.
— Juno Dawson (@junodawson) December 12, 2016
An addictive read about love and friendship and all the tangles that can tie itself into! Definitely a great distraction from ALL THE WAITING!
2. ‘More of Me’ by Kathryn Evans
— kathryn evans (@mrsbung) December 2, 2016
Teva literally separates into two once a year, leaving another self stuck at that age… A wicked concept and really, you’re probably going to feel like you’ve left your younger self on that platform when the train finally comes…
3. ‘The Polar Express’ by Chris Van Allsburg
Well someone might as well be getting on a train… A Christmas classic that has a serious chance of both warming your heart and make you curse at the same time.
4. ‘Moranifesto’ by Caitlin Moran
Or fucking ever, really, on this national embarrassment of a rail service. https://t.co/BcRtfEGh1f
— Caitlin Moran (@caitlinmoran) December 12, 2016
Witty, funny, insightful thoughts on all the things. It’ll make you feel better. 100%.
5. ‘Pirates!’ by Celia Rees
6. ‘Panther’ by David Owen
— David Owen (@davidowenauthor) December 12, 2016
With rumours of a panther roaming around the main character’s south London suburb… Wouldn’t that spice up the waiting game?
7. ‘Mugby Junction’ by Charles Dickens
Dickens didn’t like trains. You don’t like trains rn. This three story collection is a match made in heaven.
8. Uhh… Harry Potter?
Because the Hogwarts Express is NEVER late. Maybe it could stop off at Clapham Junction too?
Which book would YOU recommend to someone stuck in a horrendous travel situation? Tell us in the comments below!
And when books won’t do, maybe try distracting yourself with your fave Snapchat peeps. Find them all here.
- #ChristMAX16 Day 12: Super cute signed polaroids of Rainbow Rowell and Leigh Bardugo
- Quiz: What % Neville Longbottom are you?
- 10 questions all ‘The Hunger Games’ fans have asked themselves at some point
- Quiz: Can you name all these ‘Harry Potter’ fantastic beasts? We seriously doubt it
- Quiz: Which musical are you really?