When an item of clothing is endorsed by a bookish celebrity like Albus Dumbledore (and Dobby), then you know its something to sit up and take note of.
#socksunday has been changing the bookish game one week at a time, and now you can own the fluffy footwear featured in your fave posts ’cause we’ve hunted them down. Lucky!
1. These Edgar Allan Poe-ka dot socks from Out of Print are the perfect pairing to get your classic goth on with:
2. And while these might not be bookish themed, per se, they will match any spooky spine-tingler you’re currently reading. Available on e-Bay, but we like the knee-highs from Living Royal.
3. Alright, so we’d pretty much KILL for these ‘Crooked Kingdom’ socks. However, they’re pretty rare. Made as a promotional item, but who knows? They might pop up somewhere.
Happy #socksunday! I am pretty thrilled to be showing off my brand new #CrookedKingdom socks today!!! @fiercereads sent out a Leigh Bardugo appreciation package to a few bloggers/big @lbardugo fans and I was SO excited to be selected as one of those people who received the box! The Crooked Kindgom socks were the stand-out item but also included was the Crooked Kingdom chapter sampler and some awesome temporary tattoos! I couldn't help but put all of my Six of Crows swag & merch into this photo because it just makes me so happy 😄 And if I'm receiving a Leigh Bardugo appreciation package, I sure as heck am going to share more SoC love 😍 Are you excited for Crooked Kingdom?! Who's your favorite character from the series? It's SO hard for me to say but I think mine is Matthias… Or Matthias with Nina. I love them all though! #sixofcrows #crookedkingdom #leighbardugo #grisha #swag #merch #bookmerch #books #instabooks #bookstagram #bookphoto #bookphotography #booknerd #bookaddict #booklover #booktography
4. Library card socks, however, are readily available, and in a multitude of colours to boot! We like these yellow ones from here.
5. Out of Print hit it again with these banned books socks, but they’re also on sale in the British Library shop too. Winning!
6. Alice in Wonder-what? Yes please to these! We found a plethora of different Alice themed socks, so go exploring for the exact pair that suits you. We like these Disney-style ones from Topshop.
7. Be a proud bookworm with these simple, but very effective, sockies.
8. If you want to show your house pride, then you can get your socks right here. For Hufflepuff:
When people visit me, they will be in #socksunday posts! Today was day 2 of #alaac16 and I was lucky to pick up Ever the Hunted and The Lovely Reckless, two books I'm STOKED for!! I picked up Close to You yesterday and can't wait to read it!! . . . #thelovelyreckless #closetoyou #everthehunted #bookishfeatures #bookstagramfeature
9. Or Slytherin:
10. Gryffindor roar!
Happy Father's Day to all the rad dads out there! I'm so thankful for mine! And I'm extra thankful for the the father of my children, my husband, my partner in crime, the one who holds my heart, my hand, the one who shares my burdens, my joys, the one who makes doing life fun! ✨ Day 19 of #JuneFantasyChallenge is favorite fictional father. Who else could I choose besides Arthur Weasley?? I mean, come on! He's super devoted to his family; he has principles and convictions and he's willing to fight for them; he (along with Molly) was willing to stand in as a parent figure for Harry; plus he's just a super-fun, cool, all around awesome dad! • While we're talking about dad figures for Harry, I figured we should pay homage to some other great men who stepped up to the plate to be there for Harry… Hagrid, Dumbledore, Sirius, and Remus. And, I think it would be remiss if we didn't include Harry's dad, James Potter, who (along with Lily) gave his life to save his son. Even though he didn't live to see Harry grow up, I like to imagine that he would've been a wonderful father! • A couple of runners up for my fave fictional father that I thought would be worth mentioning are Mr. March from Little Women, and Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. • Who's your favorite fictional father? ✨ Happy #socksunday! ✨ ❤️ Restricted Section candle by @halfoakcandles ❤️ Until the Very End wooden bookmark by @markedbymary ❤️ Three Broomsticks mug by @cozy.daily ❤️ Gryffindor journal from @barnesandnoble ❤️ Gryffindor pen by @thenoblecollection ❤️ Gryffindor socks from @hottopic ✨ #HarryPotterForever #HPLove . . .
11. Or Ravenclaw. There’s a sock for everyone. (Even house elves. Especially house elves).
12. Sometimes though, you just need the right pair to go with that space-y, SF read. Welp, these are just the ticket:
“Even in the future the story begins with once upon a time.” . • • I am positively in love with my candles from @themeltinglibrary ! They could not look or smell more perfect! Scarlet makes me feel like I've buried my face in my Grandpa's tomato plants and I can literally smell the rain in the Cinder candle. How. HOW? These candles are magic! ✨ Not to mention they go with my amazing constellation socks that I found at @modsock while visiting friends this past week at the very tip-top of the Pacific Northwest. 🏔 I am a very happy bibliophile on this lovely #socksunday! 📖 . • • • #thebookferret #books #bookworm #bookstagram #instabooks #booknerd #bibliophile #bookphotography #ferret #digglebear #thelunarchronicles #marissameyer #cinder #scarlet #cress #winter #starsabove #fairest #themeltinglibrary #modsock #socks #constellationsocks #ferretsofinstagram #petsofinstagram #instaferret
13. And finally, because what else goes better with books, and socks, than bacon?
………I couldn't if I fried. Goooooood morning 🌞☕️📖 Everyone does socks on Sunday so I wanted to sport my faves 😁 and just in case no one knows yet……I love bacon ❤️ The perfectionist in me HATES that my socks are red and don't match, but that's ok. Bacon. . 🛎So what's everyone currently reading? . . . #bookstagram #booknerd #bookworm #booklover #bookaddict #currentlyreading #acomaf #sarahjmaas #sundaymorning #socksunday #bacon #baconlover #coffee #booksandcoffee
Nothing, friends. Literally nothing. Bacon socks can be bought here.
Do you have a pair of bookish socks not featured here? Plz do tweet us a pic @maximumpopbooks
- Which #ZoellaBookClub pick has been voted ‘best cover’ by fans?
- 17 times we wish we were as cool as the ladies from Harry Potter
- Unboxing: OwlCrate flew in and boy, were our arms tired from fangirling over it!
- WIN! 1 of 10 copies of ‘Under Rose Tainted Skies’ by Louise Gornall
- Sometimes the only way to get over heartbreak is to belt a good song into a hairbrush
- What’s on ‘Paper Butterflies’ author Lisa Heathfield’s TBR? Plus her fave line from the book
- A Guide to Literary London
- WIN! 1 of 10 proof copies of ‘Storm Sisters’ by Mintie Das + Watch: Feast your eyes on this exclusive trailer!
- ‘Paper Butterflies’ by Lisa Heathfield is quickly turning readers to soggy, crying messes and some of these quotes tell you why…