There’s nothing worse than hearing that your favourite celebrity ship has come to an end.
In Vivi Greene’s ‘Sing’ we get to experience it from the eyes of one of the breaker-uppers. Lily Ross, singing sensation, escapes into summer and obscurity. But dayum, her fans must have been gutted. Here’s a list of some of those celebrity break-ups that punched us in the gut (and made us shed many a teeny tiny tear).
1. Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder
Together both on screen in ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and off… these two breaking up was like waking up from a dream. *pouty face* We’re totes over it now (sort of), but at the time it stung.
2. Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson
This break-up was messy. It was a little gutting. And it was EVERYWHERE. Our hearts broke with them, and for them. Even the second time around. #twihardforever
3. Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron
These two were too cute to function. And maybe that’s why it had to end, eh? Oh ‘High School Musical’, how we love thee and thy ships.
4. Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins
Coming together on the set of ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ these two have had a “are they/aren’t they” that would rival any cinematic romance. That said, it seems pretty definite this time. #muchsadness
5. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
Sure they’ve moved on, grown up a bit and are DEFINITELY owning their own space, but… it’s still sad. JUST LOOK AT THEM!
6. One Direction.
This broke many, many hearts and continues to do so. So we’re counting it, k? The technical term for the band split is “hiatus” but we just call it “soul-destroying”.
If you love love and you think you might want to go there all over again (the place of emotion and heartache) then click here and get your copy of ‘Sing’. Is there a happy ending? Mebbe. You’ll have to read it and find out.
Which celebrity breakup hurt you the most? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- MP! Exclusive: Win a signed copy of Amy Alward’s ‘The Potion Diaries’ signed by Zoella and Amy!
- WIN! Cast your vote to win an incredible Clare Furniss bundle posted straight to your door
- It’s time for battle! Will the UK or North America win the ‘We Are All Made of Molecules’ cover wars?
- WIN! A #YALC tote bag full of swag and signed by 30 authors, including VE Schwab, Michael Grant and Patrick Ness? Heck yes!
- 11 iconic clapbacks you’ll want to use against any bully
- The Weasleys, The Garretts and 4 other YA families that need to adopt us…like now