Simon Mayo is to publish his YA debut with Penguin Random House as part of a three-book deal! It’s a YA thriller called ‘Blame’, set in a world where people can be imprisoned for the crimes of their parents and grandparents.
Simon Mayo on ‘Blame’: “When things go bad, it always helps if we can pretend it’s someone else’s fault. This book is what happens when we run out of people to blame. It’s the story of 16-year-old Ant and her 11-year-old brother Mattie, locked up in Britain’s first family prison. Ant might not be everyone’s idea of a hero, but she’s all we’ve got.”
‘Blame’ is set to be released this summer.
Share you excitement with us @maximumpopbooks!
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website
- 25 signs you might be living in a YA dystopian novel
- Harry Potter House Pride creates community and pure fandom joy!
- #bookconfession – we’ve read them all, and we shall pass judgement
- QUIZ: Which Shadowhunter rune do you need?
- QUIZ: Who’s your YA bad boy crush?