Forsooth! It’s a bit weird to be celebrating the day Shakespeare died. But then, as the bard himself says “love is merely a madness” and we do love to love him! And even if you’re not the biggest fan of the man, everyone appreciates some themed food, right?
You don’t need an excuse to celebrate Shakespeare; he’s a good enough reason to get wild any time of the year. So why not party hard and chow down on some of the best eats we could find. Your taste buds are welcome.
1. To be, or not to be… This cake is about “to be” in our tummy.
2. “Is this a dagger I see before me?” Nope. Just more cake.
3. Or why not have your midsummer night’s dream with these edible flower ice lollies? You’re a “fairy” sure you’re royalty in these parts of the woods…
4. Speaking of royalty… What’s a feast without a chunk of meat or two? Eat like a tyrant.
5. OREO, OREO, wherefore art thou OREO? (Are we stretching this a bit thin? Maybe. But just looking at this milkshake makes it all better. Who needs Romeo when they’ve got Oreo?)
6. “grossly, full of bread” or cookies, or biscuits… whatever thou doth make with this cutter:
What light from yonder oven breaks? It is the yeast…
7. And you know, what party is complete without drinks! Totally sinless drinks, of course. So when you’re asking this of your weird sisters, “when shall we three meet again?”, do so with a bit of witches brew:
Are you a Shakespeare fan? Would you be for this spread of eats and drinks? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- 4 things we love about the cover of ‘Sign of One’ by Eugene Lambert!
- Cassandra Clare the most dedicated fans ever!
- 6 things to do with books you didn’t really like
- 7 Series We Didn’t Want to End. Ever.
- WIN! We’ve got 5 signed copies of ‘Dream House’ to give away YouTube sensation Mariza ‘CutiePieMariza’ Bisognin
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event