Here at MP!, we have fallen in love with ‘One’, Sarah Crossan’s newest book following conjoined twin sisters, Tippi and Grace – and we want you to feel the exact same way.
We let the lovely Laura have a totally free copy in exchange for an honest review. Let’s see what she thought…
Name: Laura Hitchcock
Rate the cover.
8. I think it’s bright, catchy and cute!
What did you think of the book being in verse?
When I first looked through the the book when I received it I was very apprehensive! But I’m so glad I went against my judgements because reading in verse was different to what I’m used to but I was very presently surprised and really enjoyed it.
Did you have a favourite character?
Tippi. She didn’t let other people’s problems stop her from getting on with her life and always said what she thought no matter what.
Was it what you expected? Did it surprise you in any way?
It’s surprised me a lot. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this story. But as soon as I started I was hooked and couldn’t put the book down. I felt like I was part of the story.
This is my story
It’s a single story
Not two tales tangled up in each other
Like lover’s limbs,
As you might expect
Rate out of 10.
I would give this an 8 out of 10. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. The only problem was it was over too quickly!
More bookish articles?
- Find out who Jenn Bennett would cast as Jack and Beatrix if ‘Night Owls’ was a movie
- Win 10 limited edition proof copies of ‘Night Owls’ for you and your mates
- Amy Alward tells you what it’s like to be an editor for Zoella
- Check out the ace trailer for ‘The Potion Diaries’
- MP! Review: Kiera Cass’s ‘The Heir’ is just what you need for a girls’ night in
- MP! talks to Ally Carter, author of ‘All Fall Down’
- Why we wish we got invites to the launch party for ‘The Last Ever After’ by Soman Chainani
- Check out Jenn Bennett’s guide to the San Francisco of ‘Night Owls’