Here at MP!, we have fallen in love with ‘One’, Sarah Crossan’s newest book following conjoined twin sisters, Tippi and Grace – and we want you to feel the exact same way.
We let the lovely Jenna have a totally free copy in exchange for an honest review. Let’s see what she thought…
Rate the cover. 10/10. It fits the story perfectly, showing the connection between then. The bold colour helps it stand out among other books.
What did you think of the book being written in verse? It’s the first book I have read in verse and I loved it. It felt more personal, reading Grace’s thoughts and feelings.
Did you have a favourite character? I think it’s difficult for it to be anyone other than Grace as everything is from her point of view. I do love Tippi’s carefree attitude though.
Was it what you expected? Did it surprise you in any way? I wasn’t sure what to expect with it being written in verse but I was surprised by how in-depth it was. It’s a story that makes you think not only of the struggles they faced, but also how lucky they felt in other ways.
Favourite line? ‘Because having a twin like Tippi is not The Worst Thing Ever.’
Rate out of 10. 9/10. The only thing I would like is to hear from Tippi’s point of view.
More bookish articles?
- Find out who Jenn Bennett would cast as Jack and Beatrix if ‘Night Owls’ was a movie
- Win 10 limited edition proof copies of ‘Night Owls’ for you and your mates
- Amy Alward tells you what it’s like to be an editor for Zoella
- Check out the ace trailer for ‘The Potion Diaries’
- MP! Review: Kiera Cass’s ‘The Heir’ is just what you need for a girls’ night in
- MP! talks to Ally Carter, author of ‘All Fall Down’
- Why we wish we got invites to the launch party for ‘The Last Ever After’ by Soman Chainani
- Check out Jenn Bennett’s guide to the San Francisco of ‘Night Owls’