Here at MP!, we have fallen in love with ‘One’, Sarah Crossan’s newest book following conjoined twin sisters, Tippi and Grace – and we want you to feel the exact same way.
We let the lovely Sarah have a totally free copy in exchange for an honest review. Let’s see what she thought…
Rate the cover. 10/10
What did you think of the book being written in verse?
It made it more interesting and unique as not a lot of young adult novels are written in verse. It also made you feel like you were apart of Grace’s train of thought a little more as a reader.
Did you have a favourite character? Dragon and Grace were my two favourites. I liked how much Grace loved her family and would do anything for them. I similarly liked Dragon’s relationship with Grace and Tippi.
Was it what you expected? Did it surprise you in any way?
The story itself was a lot more emotional and powerful than I had imagined it to be. I didn’t think I was overly connected to the characters until the end and it turns out I very much was! From the start I didn’t really have much of an idea of where the story was going to go, i’m glad I went in to it blind!
Favourite line? “Go, if you have to”
Rate out of 10. 10/10
More bookish articles?
- Find out who Jenn Bennett would cast as Jack and Beatrix if ‘Night Owls’ was a movie
- Win 10 limited edition proof copies of ‘Night Owls’ for you and your mates
- Amy Alward tells you what it’s like to be an editor for Zoella
- Check out the ace trailer for ‘The Potion Diaries’
- MP! Review: Kiera Cass’s ‘The Heir’ is just what you need for a girls’ night in
- MP! talks to Ally Carter, author of ‘All Fall Down’
- Why we wish we got invites to the launch party for ‘The Last Ever After’ by Soman Chainani
- Check out Jenn Bennett’s guide to the San Francisco of ‘Night Owls’