The winner of the second YA Book Prize was revealed at Hay Festival this week. Sarah Crossan won the award for 2016 with the gorgeous, heartbreaking ‘One’. Seriously guys, you need to read this.
It tells the story of Tippi and Grace. They’re conjoined twins and up until now they’ve been homeschooled. But now the funding has run out, the medical bills keep adding up and Tippi and Grace need to go to public high school.
But once you’ve devoured this wonderful novel, which books from the YA Book prize shortlist do you need to read next? We can help with that.
Which was your favourite book on the shortlist? Let us now at @maximumpopbooks!
- Join CJ Flood for a spot of nightwandering this June
- Meredith Russo’s ‘If I Was Your Girl’ is #ownvoices – do you really need another reason to pick it up?
- The full YALC schedule has been released! Wanna see?
- QUIZ: Are these Taylor Swift lyrics or classic novel quotes?
- Win! 1 of 10 copies of ‘If I Was Your Girl’ by Meredith Russo
- Go literary time travelling with booksandquills
- Quiz: We bet you haven’t read all of Jacqueline Wilson’s books!
- Call yourself a fan of LGBT+ YA? We bet you haven’t read all of these…
- A Guide to Literary Brighton
- You Review: We need 20 MP!ers to read and review ‘Paper Butterflies’ by Lisa Heathfield
- June is bringing a boat load of amazing new releases – these are the ones we’re going crazy for!