We’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting some more for some new music from Rita Ora. We know she’s having her legal troubles with her record label so we’ve had to be even more patient than ever.
Obvs, we follow Rita on Snapchat (and you can too if you check out our Snapchat Directory) so you can imagine the level of screams we let off when we saw Rita was back in the studio earlier this week.
Not only did she show us her “vibez” in the studio, she also posted THIS very exciting snap of what appears to be a new contract. A new RECORD contract maybe?
Is she free of her label dramas? Is there new music coming sooner than we thought? Probably not.
… What IS a friend contract, Rita? EXPLAIN!
Of course, Rita isn’t the first person to trick us into thinking something BIG is about to happen, then doesn’t. These are our favourite moments when pop stars trolled us all and left us looking mega confused.
1) Rihanna’s ANTIdiaRY: This went on for what felt like 84 years. The whole Rihanna album campaign was a bit of a mess, really. From ‘FourFiveSeconds’ to ‘BBHMM’ to ‘ANTIdiaRY’, we were constantly left HANGING until the album finally came in January.
2) Frank Ocean’s mythical new album: We’re beginning to think that Frank Ocean isn’t a real person and just all in our heads. His new album was supposed to be released in July 2015 but it’s almost July 2016 and it still isn’t out. Mega troll.
3) Katy Perry and the missing new single: Think back to the end of the ‘PRISM’ era. Katy released ‘This Is How We Do’ as the final single from the album… Or so we thought. A “leaked” radio edit of album track ‘Legendary Lovers’ and suddenly the ‘PRISM’ train was running again. But it wasn’t to be, her label put an end to things saying it wasn’t going to be a single after all. Way to confuse us.
4) One Direction/Little Mix/Zayn YouTube trolling trio: So remember when Zayn dropped the video to ‘PILLOWTALK’ on us and our lives changed forever? Well, YouTube thought it was cool to show us ads for One Direction’s video for ‘History’ JUST BEFORE ‘PILLOWTALK’. Then YouTube thought it was funny to put an advert for ‘PILLOWTALK’ right before Little Mix’s ‘Secret Love Song’. SERIOUSLY YOUTUBE? We’re fragile!
5) Beyoncé shocks us all with ‘BEYONCÉ’: On 13th December 2013 while we were all tucked up in bed, Beyoncé shocked the world and released her fifth studio album – DAYS after one of her label bosses said it might not be released until the New Year.
What’s your favourite (or not so favourite) pop star trolling moment? We’d love to hear from you @maximumpop