Pacey and twisty, Sophie McKenzie’s ‘All My Secrets’ is for those of you who love to be kept guessing.
A brand new title from bestselling, award-winning author, Sophie McKenzie. The shocking reality behind a GBP10 million inheritance turns Evie Brown’s world on its head. Unable to find out the truth from her parents, Evie ends up on the mysterious island of Lightsea, where her desire for answers leads her towards a series of revelations that threaten everything she holds dear …including her life.
We at MP! decided to look into what other reviewers were saying about McKenzie’s newest novel.
Lorna Holland of The Writing Greyhound said, “Before I read All My Secrets, I saw a lot of 2-3 star reviews. So with these in mind, I was expecting to be disappointed. However, I was actually pleasantly surprised.”
Blogger from Mr Ripley’s Enchanted Books made reference to the characters involved, noting how much she particularly liked the protagonist, Evie. “I really loved Evie as she is a normal and realistic teenage girl, ” they said. “Although, I would have perhaps liked to have seen more teenage angst pumped into the character’s personality. Nevertheless she is very strong willed and a natural born fighter which I really took to in a big way.”
Samantha, from A Dream of Books, didn’t really feel the same way though, saying “I wish that I had liked Evie more, but unfortunately I never really warmed to the main protagonist”. While she wasn’t thrilled about Sophie McKenzie’s heroine, she did approve of Lightsea island: “I liked the setting of the story, placing the action on a remote island. It magnified the sense of danger…”
Have you read ‘All My Secrets’ by Sophie McKenzie? Let us know what you thought @maximumpopbooks.
- Have a sneaky peak at this extract from ‘All My Secrets’ here on MP!
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of ‘Am I Normal Yet?’ by Holly Bourne
- We need YOU to review ‘Demon Road’ by Derek Landy
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of William Sutcliffe’s ‘Concentr8? – where London kids are controlled with prescription drugs
- Check out ‘I’ll Give You The Sun’ taking over the London Underground
- Holly Bourne talks T-Swift, girl squads and loving YOU
- Read Holly Bourne’s Q&A on TheSite – all about ‘Am I Normal Yet’ and being a writer