‘Firewalker’ is the second book in the ‘Wordlwalker’ series by Josephine Angelini, and is currently looking flawless on Amazon with a full 5 stars. Fantasy meets sci-fi in this story of parallel worlds and magic, and strikes us as a unique look at witchcraft
Taking to the Internet, we had a look at what other reviewers were saying about this long anticipated sequel.
Britanny from BookRambles said, “The plot takes some interesting turns and never for a moment does Angelini let you feel like you’ve figured everything out. I’m really curious about what’s to come next and I don’t know how I’ll be able to handle waiting for the next one.”
TouchTheNight blogger, Angela, also noted the completely “WHAT THE HELL” nature of the ending: “That being said, the ending? Oh.My.God. My mouth was hanging open and I’m – once again – dying for the next book in this series.”
Angela also noticed the moral ambiguity that is threaded through the book: “I love that there aren’t any clear answers. That maybe there’s not a single person that’s right in this, and that Lily has to find her own way, her own answers, and trust herself more than anyone. I love that.”
Brittany also touched on that in her review, noticing that, “Angelini knows exactly how to make the reader see into villains side, feel bad for them, but still hate the at the same time. No villain is justified but no villain is just bad for no reason.”
What did you think of ‘Firewalker’? Let us know @maximumpobooks.
More bookish articles?
- Explore Derek Landy’s ‘Demon Road’ route with the official map
- MP Exclusive Extract: Get a taste of ‘Unbecoming’, from Jenny Downham, author of ‘Before I Die’
- Parallel universes, teenage love and strong ladies: MP! chats to Josephine Angelini, author of ‘Worldwalker’ series
- WIN! ‘Trial By Fire’ and ‘Firewalker’ by Josephine Angelini
- Get your hands on £200 to spend in Miss Selfridge and a copy of ‘Sunkissed’
- WIN! Signed copy of CJ Daughter’s ‘The Secret Fire’ – plus check out the FREE chapter
- MP! Review: ‘Sunkissed’ by Jenny McLachlan is funny, sweet and better than anticipated
- MP! Review: ‘Demon Road’ is a must for thrill-seekers, horror-lovers and fans of Supernatural
- Derek Landy talks to The Bookseller about the American roadtrip, trilogies and Skulduggery Pleasant
- Check out these GORGEOUS copies of ‘Firewalker’ and ‘Trial By Fire’