‘Unforgiven’, the fifth book in the internationally bestselling ‘Fallen’ series, is the story we’ve all wondered about: what happened to Cam Briel? Bad boy angel, shadow love interest in book 1, once-betrothed to Lilith – that Cam. And we want to know just what book bloggers are saying about him in his very own story.
First thoughts? Lisa Loves Literature noted how she’d listened to the first four books over the past month, and ,”I wasn’t disappointed, it was a good story, and definitely a good addition to this world.”
As for Chiara at A Delicate Eternity, she said: “Cam was by far my favourite character in the Fallen series. I wanted Luce to pick him for numerous reasons, but of course she didn’t pick him. They never pick who I want them to pick…So when the news came that Unforgiven was being released, I was extremely excited. I wanted Cam to get his happily ever after, even if it wasn’t with Luce, like I had wanted.”
Lisa Loves Literature had slightly different feelings towards Cam in books 1-4, but still had a soft spot for him in ‘Unforgiven’: “While I always rooted for Daniel in the other books, you definitely are rooting for Cam to get the girl this time. ”
Something both reviewers agreed on though was the rather unsatisfactory ending, giving lots of room for a sequel (crossing all fingers and toes). Lisa Loves Literature said: “Okay, the one thing I didn’t like, well I don’t feel like I got a good closure, don’t know what happens to the two at the end of the book like we did with Luce and Daniel. ”
Chiara from Books For A Delicate Eternity said: “The ending of Unforgiven really sets it up for another book, because just as everything might have been coming to a close, it was left quite open. I’m okay with this, but I do hope that there is another book coming, otherwise that ending re: Lilith and Cam would be pretty darn disappointing.”
Books For A Delicate Eternity: All in all, I enjoyed Unforgiven, and whenever I was reading it, I couldn’t put it down. I loved reading about Cam again, and I do look forward to the next book (if it comes into existence).
Lisa Loves Literature: This is a great series, and I can’t wait until next fall when the movie for the first book comes out in theaters.
More bookish articles?
- We couldn’t wait for a Worldwalker movie, so we cast it ourselves – with Dylan O’Brien, Bella Thorne & MORE
- Whisper Challenge with Patrick Ness – can he guess the lines to ‘The Rest Of Us Just Live Here’?
- Which of 1D would survive the Maze? Find out in our interview with bestselling author James Dashner
- Check out all the love & support the YA community is showing James Dawson on Twitter after his big announcement
- Non Pratt, Lauren St John, Liz Kessler & YA Readers react to the film ‘He Named Me Malala’
- VIDEO: 3 reasons you NEED to read ‘Glass Sword’, from author Victoria Aveyard
- Q&A with Becca Fitzpatrick: “I think I could have told ‘Hush, Hush’ in one book”