Becky Jerams, Wattpad sensation and author of fab ‘Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me’, has something she wants to say to all of you:
Hi Maximum Pop! Readers!
My name is Becky Jerams and my debut novel Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me has gone from a Wattpad hit with over 2.5 million reads to an official ebook on Amazon Kindle.
The story focuses on nerdy gay teenager Scotty Williams and his rather complicated love life whilst at sixth form college in the fictional British city of Havensdale. I would love people to read my story because I have aimed to address a whole range of different topics that affect young people including bullying, prejudice and self-acceptance. My main character Scotty is not a victim, but someone who loves himself exactly the way he is, even if others can’t accept him for it.
I have had many wonderful comments and messages from teenagers around the world of all walks of life who have told me this story has helped them in some way or changed some of their opinions on certain matters. It makes me very happy to know my characters have affected people in a positive way and I would love to share my story with an even bigger audience.
If you love quirky characters, unconventional romance, headstrong female sidekicks and themes of music, pop culture and various other geeky references then please do check out my book and let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you!
Fancy having a read at Becky’s book? Here’s the first chapter.
More bookish articles?
- Why you need to read ‘Monster’ if you love ‘Scream Queens’
- Twitter Highlights: ‘Daughters Unto Devils’ is “one of the best of the year”
- Worldwalker series top 10 quotes: “Witches don’t die quietly”
- Read the first chapter of ‘Glass Sword’ right here, right now
- Top 8 Bookstagrams: initiate full throttle book lust
- ‘Monster’: Would you survive a spooky night in Bathory House? Find out here!
- Get a sneaky peak at Becca Fitzpatrick’s ‘Dangerous Lies’ before it’s released
- Which of 1D would survive the Maze? Find out in our interview with bestselling author James Dashner
- Check out all the love & support the YA community is showing James Dawson on Twitter after his big announcement
- Non Pratt, Lauren St John, Liz Kessler & YA Readers react to the film ‘He Named Me Malala’
- VIDEO: 3 reasons you NEED to read ‘Glass Sword’, from author Victoria Aveyard