Liz Kessler’s ‘Read Me Like a Book’ is a gorgeous story of Ash falling in love for the first time with her English teacher Miss Murray, and juggling the pains and pleasures of it all.
In honour of Ash’s plight, we’ve collected some of our favourite books about first love!
‘Did I Mention I Love You?’ by Estelle Maskame
‘When We Collided’ by Emery Lord
‘Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda’ by Becky Albertalli
‘Perfect Chemistry’ by Simone Elkeles
‘Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe’ by Benjamin Alire Saenz
‘How to Love’ by Katie Cotugno
What’s your favourite book about first love? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks!
- All the reasons why ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ by Patrick Ness should be at the top of your TBR
- Trees are creepy af, and here’s 14 book covers to prove it
- Quiz: Which poem are you though? (Inspired by ‘Read Me Like a Book’)
- Enter our ‘pets and pages’ photo competition and win many Morgan Matson goodies!
- WIN! A ‘Raven Cycle’ boxset , complete with all four books and exclusive ‘Raven Cycle’ badges!
- You’d be surprised how many of these post-apocalyptic reads you have yet to live through
- WIN! 1 of 10 copies of ‘The Square Root of Summer’ by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- In honour of Patrick Ness’s ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’, we bring you the Unchosen Ones of YA!