There are a certain few authors who could do anything and we’d still look at them with heart eyes. Their books have just brought us so much joy that we can’t help but worship them, especially if they turn out to be particularly awesome, too.
One of these authors is the inimitable Rainbow Rowell. Here are some of the many reasons we love her.
- She gave us characters we’ll love forever – Cath, Levi, Simon, Baz, Eleanor and Park. We literally want them to be real people.
2. She understands that a day that starts with lie-in is the best kind of day.
3. Rainbow has written contemporary and fantasy, adult and YA, and has hit the mark every time. She’s scarily good, really.
4. She gives away her writing secrets on Twitter.
5. Going gaga over pretty books is an author thing too.
6. Rainbow loves the fanart for her books just as much as we do. (These are gorgeous, you should definitely have a look!)
What’s your favourite thing about Rainbow Rowell? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”