We all read at a different pace. And it won’t surprise you that reading speed can also be determined by mood. So, if you’re feeling sluggish (or slightly musical) it’ll show in how many pages you make it through…
But if we pretend we’re totally average for a moment (around 300wpm) can you guess how long it will take to read these favourite titles? How good are your powers of guesstimation?
It wasn’t too hard, right? …right? Tweet us your results @maximumpopbooks
Happy reading! (But srsly, if you take on ‘War and Peace’ we want regular status updates!)
- Readers loved ‘The Outliers’ so much they’re threatening to riot if it doesn’t get a movie!
- 10 fierce fictional ladies who are so #lifegoals you’ll have a whole new appreciation for the older ladies in your life
- Oh, have Chicken House got some awesome in store for you at YALC this weekend!
- Quiz: are these One Direction lyrics or ‘Girl Online’ quotes?
- Heading to Hull? Emma Petfield names the best bookstores and must-visit spots for some chilled out reading
- What secrets were your fave authors spilling in their teen diaries? Get a sneak peek at Lisa Williamson’s and Harriet Reuter Hapgood’s!