Prisma is our new favourite app. It turns silly selfies into master portraits, our cheesy sunset shots into glorious landscapes and bookstgrams into still lifes. We’re total heart eyes for it.
But what does it do to our favourite book covers?
‘We Were Liars’ by E Lockhart
This was a tough one to start off with! But we’re big fans of pop art so the Roy filter was a must, It’s almost so distorted that we can’t quote tell those are people. Totally works with the mystery behind this powerful little novel.
‘The Sin Eater’s Daughter’ by Melinda Salisbury
Okay, we’re totally in love with this one. ‘The Sin Eater’s Daughter’ is so BEAUTIFUL it’s hard to improve on, but the Gothic filter is totally working for this cover. The colours are completely glorious and we just want a new set of this series in these ones. Pretty please?
‘The Graces’ by Laure Eve
The Paper Art filter may be one of our faves. Serious love for what it’s done to ‘The Graces’ (which is out in next week and you NEED in your life). We also totally want shells to look like that in real life.
‘How Not to Disappear’ by Clare Furniss
This is ON POINT. Though the Wave filter didn’t change the colours, we love what it did with the textures. This filter is practically like having your fave book covers painted on canvases. Can that be a thing, please?
‘Fangirl’ by Rainbow Rowell
The Mosaic filter totally gets ‘Fangirl’. In fact, it gives it a colour scheme of one of the special editions! This version would look amazing on our shelves and we’d like it to be real please and thank you.
‘Waiting for Callback’ by Perdita & Honor Cargill
Watercolours are basically the best thing ever and we’re obsessed. Coloured Sky is def a filter we’re going to be using for all of our attempted arty pictures of sunsets and shots down long streets.
‘The Raven King’ by Maggie Stiefvater
This is possibly our favourite cover of the year so we honestly weren’t expecting to be pleased with any of the filters. But then Caribbean came along and we fell in love all over again. It looks like a painting and we want so bad.
‘Red Queen’ by Victoria Aveyard
We weren’t sure anything was going to work for ‘Red Queen’. The simplicity of this cover is what makes it so striking, but Marcus D did good. It legit looks like the crown is about to melt. So very cool.
What’s your favourite Prisma-ed picture? Share it with us at @maximumpopbooks
- The A to Z of YA tropes we love to hate to love
- 7 book trailers that are better than binging on Netflix
- Quiz: How good is your memory? We bet you can’t match half these blurbs to their books
- 11 book covers that will make you cringe and hug your pretties
- Watch: Will Honor and Perdita Cargill or Clare Furniss win the battle of the YA quotes?
- 8 of the worst things you can do to a book, ever
- Get the Look: Holly Smale’s ‘Head Over Heels’ has inspired us to embrace our model geek
- 9 ways to up your bookstagram game
- Here’s why you should have a problem with YA hate
- MP!’s Luke Franks chats to the authors who got published before finishing her A-levels