Lilly Singh’s #GirlLove initiative is literally the best thing you can have on your Twitter feed, and really, in your life. Trying to boost appreciation between women, rather than encouraging this horrible thing where girls put down other girls.
1. In a recent interview with Teen Vogue, Lilly Singh speaks about the inspiration she found in gal pal Selena Gomez:
This girl has unintentionally schooled me on how to be yourself…because there’s a difference between yourself and then just truly being unapologetically yourself, that’s where you want to get where you’re like “I love every part of myself. I don’t care. I got love handles, hell yeah I’ve got love handles. I love my love handles.” You know?
We know. We try to know. Loving yourself is an ongoing battle. Loving each other should be easier, right?
NEVER apologize for being a powerful girl!
— GirlLove (@SpreadGirlLove) April 4, 2017
2. Celebrating this outstanding achievement:
— GirlLove (@SpreadGirlLove) April 5, 2017
And the reactions and support are just everything:
— Keanna✨TEAMSUPERATL (@classygirlkeke) April 5, 2017
3. The positivity for @moana_haydar and her stellar song ‘Hijabi’
— GirlLove (@SpreadGirlLove) April 1, 2017
— Fusion (@Fusion) April 6, 2017
4. Because breaking down stereotypes and building up positive stories is one of the best things girls, and all humans, can ever do for each other:
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 27, 2017
5. Because sometimes the message only needs to be simple:
— GirlLove (@SpreadGirlLove) March 25, 2017
6. But it’s these reminders that get us through the day sometimes:
— GirlLove (@SpreadGirlLove) March 23, 2017
— Mags • 3 Days (@magalysuper) March 23, 2017
— Rima | BAWSE BOOK (@TeamSuperLb) March 23, 2017
7. Take a leaf out of Lilly’s book, be a BAWSE, rock the world:
— Lilly | #BawseBook (@IISuperwomanII) April 7, 2017
What’s your fave #GirlLove moment? Share it with us in the comments!