Chatting to the author himself, we asked him all about his latest creation and what’s so different about this one.
“The big YA story happens only in the chapter headings…The indie kids, Satchel and Finn, they save the world, as YA heroes do…but that’s in the background, only in the background. The main story is about Mike, who’s got an ordinary life and ordinary worries, and is just trying to survive the indie kids saving the world. It’s about the unchosen ones.”
And does he have a message with this book?
“No. Messages are death. Messages are sermons…I want to tell a story, and all the stuff I care about I hope is in it.”
Check out the full interview below to find out more about cat gods, John Green and outrunning zombies.
More bookish articles?
- Joe Sugg’s new book is the fastest-selling graphic novel EVER?
- Leigh Bardugo reads from Six of Crows – PRE RELEASE DAY. BE STILL OUR BEATING HEARTS.
- Benjaminoftomes is starting up his own micro-publishing house – the first book of which you can pre-order HERE
- Get a taste fro ‘Demon Road’ with this FREE chapter
- Getting to know Derek Landy’s Twitter: “Just spent 3 minutes standing in a pitch-black bathroom trying to convince my girlfriend @Patrick_Ness‘s new book glows in the dark.”
- Pick your next read from author Josephine Angelini’s recommendations – including Winner’s Curse, Harry Potter and the Harper Hall trilogy