Right, that’s it. We’re done. We’re over it.
Drake has been at number one for a mammoth 14 WEEKS and although this is an absolutely incredible achievement for anyone (congratulations, Drake!) we’re getting pretty tired of it now.
It’s time to shake up the charts and find something new for the top spot and we’ve got some pretty cool ideas on who could take his place.
These are the nine songs we’d like to see take the number one crown from Drake:
1) Little Mix – Hair: This deserves the number one spot; the girls need a moment to shake out their hair and so do we.
2) Zara Larsson – Lush Life: With a ‘lush’ new video, Zara deserves her moment to shine on her own.
3) Kungs vs Cookin’ on 3 Burners – This Girl: If anyone deserves a number one, it’s these guys. They’ve been denied the number one spot THREE times already by Drake. Come on, guys. You can do it.
4) Clean Bandit & Louisa Johnson – Tears: Don’t mess with those Clean Bandit-ers; they’ll bring their flamethrower. Give them a number one before they burn the house down.
5) Ariana Grande – Into You: We’re definitely into the idea of Ariana Grande being number one. Because, why not? She’s fab.
6) Sia – Cheap Thrills: Yes, we know this has been around forever but it never managed to get to number one. Give Sia some more ‘cheap thrills’ and let her have that moment.
7) Dua Lipa – Hotter Than Hell: She’s dancing outside of the top 10 now and ‘Hotter Than Hell’ is already Dua’s most successful single to date. Keep the fire burning.
8) Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better: Please treat us to a new number one, Shawn. We need it.
9) DNCE – Cake By The Ocean: If DNCE manage to get to number one, we’ll buy you all some cake to enjoy it.
Who do you want to take the number one spot from Drake? Send all your suggestions to us @maximumpop