He’s our favourite beer-drinking, hair-bleaching, guitar-rocking, silly-laughing, sports-playing Irishman. Let’s celebrate #NiallAppreciationDay with all the things that make up the one and only Niall Horan.
1. He has epic selfie skills and often treats us to OT4 (and OT5) selfies.
But he does get a little grumpy when interviewers don’t let him wield the camera.
2. He’s a champion for underdogs—namely, sports that don’t get a whole lot o’ love. We now know a lot more about Rory McIlroy than we ever thought we would. (Did you know there are golf video games…?)
And he just looks so cute in a caddy coveralls.
3. He is a passionate home decorator, and he always makes sure his interior designs properly showcase all of One Direction’s various awards and trophies. Oh look, another under-appreciated sport, tennis!
4. He’s always very concerned about on-stage safety and does not enjoy being electrocuted.
Louis, that means you!
5. He has an incredible, contagious, cackling laugh. Try to watch this for 5 seconds without smiling.
6. He’s been playing guitar since he was little, but over the last five years, Niall’s skills have become unreal. Even the nastiest of concert reviewers tend to give him props, and it’s helped 1D maintain their not-your-basic-boyband image.
7. He’s created a wonderful video series on Instagram dubbed ‘Where Are We Going Today Mark,’ where he asks his trainer Mark that very question, and then Mark answers in various comical ways. It’s a great little peek into tour life!
8. Despite the serious knee surgery he underwent, Niall still wows us with incredible leaps across the stage. They’ve gotten higher…
Niall, plz. Your knee.
9. Niall’s voice has truly found its place to shine in One Direction’s newest songs off Four. He totally slays it in ’18’ and ‘No Control.’
10. And it just wouldn’t feel right not to mention how DARN CUTE HE IS. Those baby blue eyes. The megawatt smile. That abundant chest hair.
You can’t not love Niall Horan. Have yourself a happy Niall Appreciation Day!