The high street retailer, W H Smith, are launching a book club with YouTube star and author fantastico, Zoella. And we are HUNGRY for it.
To begin in the summer it will include a range of titles across different genres and age groups but it’s focus is on a younger audience. The director has said they have been “working hard to get great books into the hands of more teens and young adults”.
And who better than the young woman who took the YA market by storm with ‘Girl Online’? It has sold nearly 400,000 copies in hardback and the trading controller for the store says “we knew she was the girl our customers wanted to hear more from”. No, duh!
Zoella is the perfect choice for a campaign like this and we can’t wait to see which titles are promoted. You can read more about it here.
Excited for it too? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”