Yes, lovelies. It’s that time of the week again where we corral all the latest and bestest bits of news from the bookish community.
Newsworthy stuff has been struggling for space the past few days, squashed down by all the #Shakespeare400 and World Book Night fabulousness. But here’s what we’ve got for you:
Melinda Salisbury’s ‘The Sin Eater’s Daughter’ optioned for TV
It’s like music to our ears. This better happen, and it better happen fast. Who DOESN’T want this on their tellybox? Read the full story here.
Melvin Burgess to receive special achievement YA Book Prize for ‘Junk’
It’s YA canon. And now, to coincide with it’s 20 year birthday (which makes it older now than it’s intended readership… WEIRD!) its author will receive an award, presented at Hay Festival. A special edition of the book will also be released.
Confirming ‘Super Awkward’ book deal between Scholastic and Beth Garrod
We were treated to a sneak peek of this book then, at Scholastic’s blogger feast. But it’s now confirmed on The Bookseller that Beth Garrod has signed a two book deal with them. Max excite! ‘Super Awkward’ is set to release this September.
Did we miss any big news stories? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Can you spot Shakespeare in this ‘Where’s Willy?’ challenge?
- 4 things we love about the cover of ‘Sign of One’ by Eugene Lambert!
- Cassandra Clare the most dedicated fans ever!
- 15 #perfectlyflawed gif reactions to reading Cecelia Ahern’s YA debut
- 7 Series We Didn’t Want to End. Ever.
- WIN! We’ve got 5 signed copies of ‘Dream House’ to give away YouTube sensation Mariza ‘CutiePieMariza’ Bisognin
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event