Oh, Neville. He’s often mistaken as the bumbler, the guy that gets it wrong, and is a bit of a dork.
And sure, he might be those things, but let’s face it, if we HAD received our Hogwarts letter we wouldn’t have been one of the golden trio. We would probs be
a little a lot like Neville. He is legit the you in every single scenario:
1. “Gran, I’ve lost my toad again!”
At the station when your ticket goes missing. Or your wallet (which is probs in the last shop). Or your phone (in the toilet cubicle on top of the bog roll). You’d lose that toad, too.
2. You literally can’t catch a break, even on a day off:
3. And you try to do right by your friends…
“I won’t let you do it,’ he said, hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole. ‘I’ll – I’ll fight you”
Because enough is enough. But do they listen?
4. You know you’re the fall guy, but all the time?
5. Teachers be mean, too.
“Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours?”
But you know you’ll get yours one day.
6. You don’t just have FOMO, you ARE FOMO!
“‘Gran didn’t want to go,’ he said miserably. ‘Wouldn’t buy tickets. It sounded amazing, though.'”
7. And while everyone else’s Christmas looked like this:
You would have traded anything to have a dodgy jumper and dinner at The Burrow, cos your Xmas was probably more like this:
8. No one really gets you, because they actually haven’t bothered to ask…
9. When you’re left with one simple task to do and then the worst happens…
10. You could have been the Chosen One…
11. But it’s probably for the best that you weren’t.
12. You’ll give as good as you get though…
…from a safe distance.
13. If only your friends would ASK YOU stuff because you can actually be pretty useful!
— Neville Longbottom (@TheNevilleLongb) August 1, 2016
So quick to judge… Tsk tsk…
14. The thing is, you’ll actually come through when you’re most needed.
15. So people should get off your back a bit, and accept you for the cool dude you 100% are!
Show us some Neville love in the comments below!
- Do we have a racism problem in YA? The way POC are treated in these 2017 releases says YES!
- Quiz: What % Neville Longbottom are you?
- Quiz: Can you name all these ‘Harry Potter’ fantastic beasts? We seriously doubt it
- #ChristMAX Day 14: Walk away with this wonderful bundle from Walker
- Um… did anyone notice Newt Scamander’s cameo in the original ‘Harry Potter’ films? We sure didn’t!