Nat Luurtsema’s ‘Girl Out of Water’ is so brilliantly funny, we can’t stop recommending it to everyone, and anyone. (You should deffo read it. We highly recommend it!)
But we’re also pretty solid fans of the author too. Here’s why:
1. The writers among you will appreciate this organised chaos that is plotting and planning:
I'm so glad! I am writing more RIGHT NOW. Sequel is on 100 post-it notes on my bedroom wall (one breeze = disaster) https://t.co/7cp8QFgKdC
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) June 11, 2016
2. And this is probably you. Don’t deny it.
PANICKING. Parents coming round. Only way I can get the flat up to their standards of clean is if I stage my own murder + send forensics in.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) June 9, 2016
3. And also proving that just because she’s a total queen when it comes to all things writerly, acterly and directorly (made up words, soz), it does not mean that everything is plain sailing.
I have made a banana bread so heavy and joyless that its only use can be as a weapon.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) June 8, 2016
We’ve done this. #bakeoff can make cake look easy to master…
4. Is dis u?
Boyfriend is doing something to the boiler. I am pretending to be asleep… one sneaky finger continuing to scroll through Twitter.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) June 3, 2016
5. Is DIS u? Srsly?
I have eaten SO MUCH food I didn't want because I liked the pot it came in. My insides are wrecked but my pens are nicely stored.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) May 29, 2016
6. But… is dis u?
Tonight: Im going to wear a beautiful skirt that makes me walk like a penguin who's soiled herself. So needlessly tight at the knees.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) May 20, 2016
7. Dealing with the weird weather… is dis u?
Sun. Snow. Sun. Snow. END OF DAYS!!! EAT THE RICH!
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) April 26, 2016
8. Uh, dis u?
Cool dudes, mute me a mo. Everyone else… Pet insurance, eh? Should i get accident-only like a car? Except, I love my cat more than my car.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) April 12, 2016
9. Finally… IS DIS U?
Lacing my cat's Bellatrix Lestrange post-Azkaban corset when I realised it was #WorldBookDay.
— Nat Luurtsema (@natluurtsema) March 3, 2016
Well, even if it is or isn’t, you can get your copy of ‘Girl Out of Water’ right here. Sweet!
- #OwnVoices in YA: We’ve made great leaps, but there’s still a way to go
- My Kinda Book Club’s #ThisIsWhoIAm tour kicked off last night at Waterstones Piccadilly!
- At only 21, Rosalind Jana is already a powerhouse. We can’t help but love her!
- Cover reveal: Sophie McKenzie’s ‘Girl, Missing’ is 10 years old and it’s got a swanky new cover!
- Which was the most important part of writing ‘Girl Out of Water’ and other important questions answered by Nat Luurtseema
- Some people haven’t even heard of these Roald Dahl books! How many have you read?