It’s the ultimate boy next door romance with the quirky YA family you just want to be part of – ‘My Life Next Door’ is a fantastic read to completely loose yourself in. But don’t take our word for it, find out what MP!er Georgina thought of it right here.
Name: Georgina Needham
Have you read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick before? If not, are you more likely to now?/ If you have, how does this compare? I haven’t read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick before but after reading ‘My life Next Door’ I will definitely be checking out more of her work.
Can you describe ‘My Life Next Door’ in 3 words? An Emotional roller-coaster!
Which member of the Garrett family was your favourite? JASE!!!! CAN WE TALK ABOUT JASE FOR A SECOND!!??? He was perfect!! A sweet and lovely lad that cares for his family! UGH WHY IS HE NOT REAL!? XD I also loved little George.
Take a moment to gush/rant about Samantha and Jase’s relationship. Jase amd Sam’s relationship was beautiful if not frustrating at some times! I didn’t like how Sam kept quiet in the beginning about Jase, but I loved them together.
We love Huntley’s writing! Can you remember your favourite line or scene? SO MANY MOMENTS TO CHOOSE FROM! I loved when Sam first went around to the Garretts and she met George for the first time. I also loved the first time Jase climbs up to Samamtha’s window.
Rate out of 10. 8/10 – loved the writing, the characters and the whole story!
Do you have any opinions about ‘My Life Next Door’? Tweet us at @maximumpopbooks.
- Want another MP!ers take on ‘My Life Next Door’? Check out what Tayler thought right here.
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- A Q&A and a sneak at the sketches of Waterstones Book of the Year winner, Coralie Bickford-Smith.
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- 7 things you might have missed in the ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’ teaser trailer.
- Walker Books just created your new favourite bookstagram account: Inkslingers.
- Check out the new cover for Cecilia Ahern’s brand new YA thriller
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here