With possibly the most lovable family currently featuring in YA, ‘My Life Next Door’ is a completely adorable book to curl up with. But don’t take our word for it, check out what MP!er Emily thought of it below.
Have you read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick before? If not, are you more likely to now?/ If you have, how does this compare? No, I have never read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick before, but I’m now off to eagerly add all the rest of her books to my Christmas list and hope desperately that Santa is kind enough to leave one in my stocking!
Can you describe ‘My Life Next Door’ in 3 words? Family, love and discovery.
Which member of the Garrett family was your favourite? With so many to choose from, it’s a hard choice! This is a really tough question because I love all the Garrett family and if I could I’d go and live with them all. In the end though, I’m going to have to say George because he never fails to make me laugh. He’s absolutely adorable with his welcoming nature and ability to always think of the worst scenarios.
Take a moment to gush/rant about Samantha and Jase’s relationship. Jase and Samantha were so cute together! Their relationship seemed really genuine and I loved how he made her a part of his family. They seemed so accepting and supportive of each other, being able to let go of preconceived notions and love each other for who they really were.
We love Huntley’s writing! Can you remember your favourite line or scene? I don’t think I could pick one favourite but I loved all the scenes where you got to see the Garretts interact as family with each other and Samantha. Families are something which are entirely underrepresented in YA novels so it made me so happy to read about this great one!
Rate out of 10. 9/10 A really enjoyable read that I couldn’t put down. I loved the vibrant family dynamic and the adorable romance.
Do you have any opinions about ‘My Life Next Door’? Tweet us at @maximumpopbooks.
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- A Q&A and a sneak at the sketches of Waterstones Book of the Year winner, Coralie Bickford-Smith.
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- 7 things you might have missed in the ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’ teaser trailer.
- Walker Books just created your new favourite bookstagram account: Inkslingers.
- Check out the new cover for Cecilia Ahern’s brand new YA thriller
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here