You’ve been voting for the MP! Top Ten all week and now’s the time for the results. Let’s see what’s been happening on the MP! chart this week.
The casualties and near misses:
- CASUALTY: SHOCK HORROR! They’ve been one of our top performers since we started doing the MP! Top Ten, but now Fifth Harmony feat. Fetty Wap – ‘All in My Head (Flex)’ has dropped straight out of the top ten! We thought we’d never see this day!
- CASUALTY: We did warn Troyblemakers last week that Troye Sivan‘s ‘TALK ME DOWN’ was on a slippery slope, having dropped a couple of spaces every week since its debut, but no-one heeded our warning and he dropped like a stone to number 14 this week 😭
- CASUALTY: After making a strong debut at No.5 last week, James TW‘s ‘When You Love Someone’ has plummeted to the bottom of the charts.
- NEAR MISS: Katy Perry‘s comeback single ‘Rise’ didn’t manage to rise to the occasion and missed out on the top ten altogether, landing at No.12.
- NEAR MISS: Poor Britney Spears‘ new single may be called ‘Make Me’ but she’s certainly not making many people vote for her.
- NEAR MISS: What a bad week for comebacks! Olly Murs also misses out on his first top ten hit with ‘You Don’t Know Love’.
If you want us to bring back a track next week you can tweet us your selections @maximumpop using the hashtag #MPTopTen. Now let’s get into the top ten!
🚨 10) The Chainsmokers feat. Daya – ‘Don’t Let Me Down’
?? 9) Adele – ‘Send My Love (To Your New Lover)’
After climbing into the top ten of the US charts this week, Adele is still sticking around the MP! Top Ten as well.
?? 8) Ariana Grande – ‘Into You’
A dangerous woman in a dangerous position. Ari continues to slip down the charts. Quick Arianators… ATTACK!
?? 7) Selena Gomez – ‘Kill ‘Em with Kindness’
Highest Climber: Despite the stiff competition this week Selena climbs for the first time in her chart run. Guess her policy of killing with kindness really does work.
?? 6) Shawn Mendes – ‘Treat You Better’
Ricochet Hit: For the second week in a row Shawn wins our award for biggest chart bouncer. He just can’t seem to stick in one place, having moved from 5-9-6-8-4-6 in the last six weeks.
🚨 5) Demi Lovato – ‘Body Say’
Hotshot New Entry: YAS QUEEN! After sadly missing out on the MP! Top Ten a few weeks ago, stalling at No.11, Demi’s new track has been slaying our chart this week. She started off very strong, debuting at No.1. She has slipped a bit but has held firm to debut within the top five. Congrats Lovatics!
Last week’s massive new entry from M.O. has done a great job of holding strong, slipping only two places. These gals are here to stay.
??3) Zayn – ‘Like I Would’
Lurker: Our boy Zayn holds the fort at No.3.
🚨 2) 5 Seconds of Summer – ‘Girls Talk Boys’
Highest debut: We knew this one would go down a storm with you guys. ‘Girls Talk Boys’ is a huge new entry for the boys and marks their debut appearance within our MP! Top Ten. We’ve got a feeling this is just the beginning for this bouncy, summer tune.
??1) Little Mix feat. Sean Paul – ‘Hair’
Which means that Little Mix’s ‘Hair’ has done it for a second week in a row! Just look at those chuffed little faces.
CONGRATS LITTLE MIX! We’d love to hear why you think the girls deserved to be crowned the queens of MP! Top Ten this week @maximumpop.
We will update the MP! Top Ten Spotify Playlist to reflect the new chart so you can follow that to listen to all the faves you voted for. Remember to vote in the all new MP! Top Ten which comes out 22th July at 5PM. Will Little Mix be able to hold on to the top spot?