‘Kook’ is a wave-surfing adrenaline rush of a read. The author, Chris Vick, injects his own experience of his time in the ocean and it really helps Sam’s story shine. And just as fast as the weather can turn out at sea, this book will keep you on your toes.
Chris read from ‘Kook’ for us, and for all of you lovely book peebles, to listen and to enjoy.
Surf’s up, dudes!
Want more? Well, click here and get your copy!
And if you enjoyed this edition of MP! Reads, you can find the whole playlist HERE, featuring Alice Oseman, Juno Dawson and Sophia Bennett.
- Five reasons you need to read ‘Flawed’ by Cecelia Ahern right now
- Maximum Pop! Books Presents: A Guide to Literary Bath
- Reviewer Round-Up: Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Carry On’ is “a one-of-a-kind homage to fanfiction”
- 32 Reader Problems – because we know the bookish struggle is real
- Announcing the Geek Fest Tour with Holly Smale; go get your geek on!
- 9 most unique books we’ve had the pleasure of reading, incl. the bizarre ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend’