Last week we asked you if the list of “life-changing” books we made was legit. You voted. And here be the answers!
The people have spoken.
Terrifying dystopia wins the people’s choice award for being totally life-changing from our picks. And we are, actually, not surprised! Because, well…
…’1984′ simply doesn’t age. It’s still relevant. And will forever be the maker of chilling nightmares.
But we also put it out there, to pick up a few freestyle “life-changing” recommendations:
@maximumpopbooks I'll Give You The Sun definitely changed my life
— hann loves 5sos (@heartoutxhann) July 5, 2016
@maximumpopbooks Harry Potter, because I thought: 'Oh, fantasy is not only hobbits and fantasy creatures, but magic is fantasy too.'
— Liz (@LizGreenash) July 4, 2016
And then we went digging for some more! Because it’s not all about the obvious classics. But it most definitely is all about ‘Harry Potter’.
Yaas! And we SO need this book. Now:
New tumblr post: "This book changed my life. ☄💫 Not at all what I expected it to…" https://t.co/TSOoB1bFG0 , yafiction, jenniferniven, h…
— Gisela (@giselasbooked) June 29, 2016
All the Harry Potter love:
Harry Potter Was the first major chapter book I read it changed my life
— Indra Otsutsuki 11 (@Pioneer519849) June 27, 2016
I can't believe "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was published 19 years ago today. That book changed my life.
— Pearson Bolt (@PearsonBolt) June 26, 2016
We whole-heartedly agree:
@holly_bourneYA Your book How Hard Can Love Be literally changed my life I think you are super great❤️
— simmy♊️ (@posi_simmy) June 19, 2016
And one more HP one for the road, eh?
This Harry Potter coloring book has changed my life. I never need to leave the house again. pic.twitter.com/5Ozu2GsXFy
— Kylee Wharton (@kyleewha) June 17, 2016
Which book changed YOU life? It’s never too late to share it with us, and the world. Tweet it to @maximumpopbooks
- Which YA sidekick are you?
- 13 LOTR pick-up lines guaranteed to leave an impression on bae.
- Weekend Reads: What do the MP! Books team have on their TBRs this weekend?
- QUIZ: Would you actually receive a Hogwarts letter?
- Some parts of ‘Under Rose Tainted Skies’ were hard, really hard, for author Louise Gornall to write, find out why in this perf Q&A
- Lisa Heathfield’s ‘Paper Butterflies’ is “one of the most punch-you-in-the-stomach-powerful pieces of literature I’ve read this year”
- Jennifer L Armentrout is writing a fantasy series and what we know for sure? “There will be kissing!”
- Quiz: Are you addicted to love or fine with friendship?