A book’s title isn’t always inspired by something else, but when it is, boy does it sweeten the deal. ‘The Moonlight Dreamers’, if you haven’t figured it out by now, takes a little inspiration from Oscar Wilde.
But why should you, quite frankly, give a damn? Because you are guaranteed to feel something after we’re done with you. Guaranteed.
Yes: I am a dreamer.
For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn
before the rest of the world.
How are we on the “inspiration” scale? Feeling it yet? No? Ok. Let’s keep going.
Some cause happiness wherever they go;
others whenever they go.
One more for the road?
We are all in the gutter,
but some of us are looking at the stars.
Welp, there you have it. The wise, wise words of Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie Wills Wilde (yup, that’s his actual name).
- Luna? Cath? Who’s your favourite YA dreamer?
- Weekly Releases: 11-17th July
- Quiz: would you have survived the Triwizard Tournament?
- The results are in! Your favourite book cover of July is…
- Quiz: is this quote from ‘The Maze Runner’ or ‘Anna and the French Kiss’ trilogy?
- All the things we learnt at the Chapter 5 Summer proof party
- “At what point during my panic attack would you like to me to knock up a salad?” #URTS author Louise Gornall gets achingly honest about all the things
- Watch: Nat Luurtsema and Siobhan Curham battle it out in a fierce games of Heads Up!
- 6 things we learned from Queen Sarah Dessen