Stewart in Susin Nielsen’s brilliant ‘We Are All Made of Molecules’ is “geeky, gifted but socially clueless” and in desperate need of the perfect clapback.
Sometimes it’s handy to have a few stored away, just in case. So that when someone tries it with you… KAPOW! Shut down. See ya.
1. We’re starting off with James Blunt. Who? Well exactly. The singer had reached that murky grey area of ‘WHOOO?!’ back in 2014 before he started coming back at the hates like this:
— James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) May 9, 2014
2. We can all learn a little something from him. He took no shit.
Worse for me as there's nothing else in here. RT @something_robot: Waking up with James Blunt stuck in your head. Nowt worse.
— James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) June 5, 2014
3. And still in 2016 he’s SLAYING!
Have a seat. I have that effect on people. RT @Tanya_McDaid: I cannot stand James blunt
— James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) March 15, 2016
4. Brains over brawn. Every time:
5. When that guy just. Won’t. Stop.
6. When you have a million things to say to that moron…
7. The classic…
8. And a good ol’ fashioned “not your business” is always a good backup:
9. And depending who ballsy you’re feeling:
10. You can really turn up the snark:
11. Or you know, keep it low-key, but to the point:
What’s your fave go-to comeback? Tweet it to us @maximumpopbooks
Want to read ‘We Are All Made of Molecules’ but don’t have a copy yet? We got you. Click here to get yours.
- QUIZ: It’s finally here! Find out which quote from ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’ you are based on your birthday
- Share your most #Unconventional YALC moment and get your name in Maggie Harcourt’s brand new book!
- WIN! A signed copy of one of the most important books you’ll read all year!
- Bookstagrammer floralsndragons makes this clothing item a staple of her photos and we’re obsessed!
- Tune in throughout the day as we reveal the new covers for every book in Darren Shan’s ‘Zom-B’ series!
- I tried culling my bookshelf…and ended up with more books?!