‘Mean Girls’ is the modern classic, the movie of our generation. Every guy’s hair looks sexy pushed back, but do you know these 22 facts about the movie?
- October 3rd is National Mean Girls Day.
- Mean Girls is based on the book “Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence” by Rosalind Wiseman.
- The original title of the film was “Homeschooled”.
- Mean Girls was made into a Nintendo DS puzzle game.
- Cady was named after Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the 19th century feminist.
- Janis Ian is named after Janis Ian, the first Saturday Night Live musical guest. In the film Janis is bullied by others and a called a lesbian while the real Janis Ian is an out lesbian.
- Lindsay Lohan was almost cast as Regina and Rachel McAdams was almost cast as Cady.
- Mariah Carey’s song “Obsessed” is based on one of Regina’s lines in the movie, “Why are you so obsessed with me?”.
- James Franco was considered for the role of Aaron Samuels.
- The MPAA wanted to give Mean Girls an R rating, so scenes from the movie had to be edited to get the PG-13 rating and the film was almost forced to cut the “wide-set vagina” line.
- Jonathan Bennett’s twitter bio says
- When Daniel Franzese sang “Beautiful,” the only person in the audience was his mom.
- Lindsay Lohan missed the first day filming because she had pink eye.
- When Cady walks into Damian and Janis’ house, Damian gets scared and tosses all of the popcorn out of his bowl but in the next scene with Damian his bowl is full again.
- Damian is based off Damian Holbrook, Tina Fey’s best friend from high school.
- Mrs. Norbury was named after Tina Fey’s high school German teacher.
- There was almost an entirely different alternate ending to Mean Girls.
- The skirts in “Jingle Bell Rock” were actually made of plastic.
- Rachel McAdams wore a wig in the movie.
- Glen Coco is a real-life friend of Tina Fey and in the film he’s played by David Reale, a Canadian actor born 1984. He’s on Twitter.
- President Obama’s dog Bo loves the movie.
Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen. pic.twitter.com/Ez6hWGFpFc
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) August 13, 2013
- There was a Mean Girls 2. It went straight to DVD and featured only one of the original cast members (Tim Meadows).
Happy October 3rd!
Facts from IMDB.com