Time to learn your Norse mythology and laugh along the way with another action-packed adventure series from Rick Riordan – ‘Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer’. Find out MP!er Kellie thought of it below.
Name: Kellie. Age: 24.
Have you read anything by Rick Riordan before? If not, are you more likely to now?/ If you have, how does this compare? I haven’t read anything by Rick Riordan before, but I will definitely look into his other books in the new year.
If you had to recommend this book to a friend, what would be the best thing you’d tell them? e.g. writing, humour, characterisation, plot etc. The plot and the characterisation is really good and that there is a lot of humour in the story. The story is really well thought out and I enjoyed it.
Did you have a favourite character? Tell us why! Blitz and Hearth were my favourite characters. I loved their relationship and that they would do anything to protect each other and Magnus.
What was your impression of Norse mythology before reading this book? I had never heard of Norse mythology until I read this book.
Can you remember your favourite line or scene? “Giving me away so you could marry a giantess? Dude, what was that? Blades before babes, you know what I’m saying.”
Rate out of 10. 10/10. Absolutely loved it; it’s another of my favourite reads this year.
Do you have any opinions about the Magnus Chase series? Tweet us at @maximumpopbooks.
- Still on the fence? See what MP!er Aislinn said about ‘Magnus Chase’s’ range of diverse characters.
- MP!er Tayler stayed up way too late reading because she needed to see how ‘My Life Next Door’ developed.
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here