Ah, Lucy Sutcliffe, how we love you. Her book ‘Girl Hearts Girl’ made our hearts smile. It’s a memoir that takes Lucy from never quite wanting the fairy-tale of Prince Charming to realising she was gay at the age of 14, through three years of self-denial to finally coming out to friends and family, to meeting her American girlfriend Kaelyn.
There are SO MANY things to love about Lucy’s tour. Here are a few of ’em.
Lucy was there. Duh.
YouTube. Author. Inspiration. We love her SO MUCH and it’s always amazing when a US-based author makes it over to the UK.
Lucy had some great advice on coming out
L came out to parents by email, J to his dad via letter – both would rec it; great way to make sure you say exactly what you want to say.
— Jim (@Yayeahyeah) October 18, 2016
Meeting readers must actually be the best thing ever
— Emma Loo (@Emma_Loo1) October 15, 2016
— aisling (@aislingd19) October 18, 2016
So many amazing authors toured with Lucy
— Scholastic UK (@scholasticuk) October 19, 2016
Lucy with Katherine Webber (‘Wing Jones’ coming from Walker in January) and Krystal Sutherland (‘Our Chemical Hearts’ out now from Hot Key Books).
— Charlie 🌈✨ (@charlieinabook) October 13, 2016
Did you go to Lucy’s tour? Let us know what you enjoyed the most about it in the comments below.
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: OMG! Prepare to lose your mind over the cover for Lisa Williamson’s new novel
- QUIZ: What would book should you read based on your favourite Disney villain?
- Leigh Bardugo reveals how she really feels about being on tour with Rainbow Rowell
- We went to YA Shot 2016 and OMG our bookish brains were blown
- QUIZ: Which Hermione Granger gif are you based on your fave 1D member?