Ah, Lucy Sutcliffe, how we love you. Her book ‘Girl Hearts Girl’ made our hearts smile. It’s a memoir that takes Lucy from never quite wanting the fairy-tale of Prince Charming to realising she was gay at the age of 14, through three years of self-denial to finally coming out to friends and family, to meeting her American girlfriend Kaelyn.
There are SO MANY things to love about Lucy’s tour. Here are a few of ’em.
Lucy was there. Duh.
YouTube. Author. Inspiration. We love her SO MUCH and it’s always amazing when a US-based author makes it over to the UK.
Lucy had some great advice on coming out
L came out to parents by email, J to his dad via letter – both would rec it; great way to make sure you say exactly what you want to say.
— Jim (@Yayeahyeah) October 18, 2016
Meeting readers must actually be the best thing ever
So many amazing authors toured with Lucy
— Scholastic UK (@scholasticuk) October 19, 2016
Lucy with Katherine Webber (‘Wing Jones’ coming from Walker in January) and Krystal Sutherland (‘Our Chemical Hearts’ out now from Hot Key Books).
Did you go to Lucy’s tour? Let us know what you enjoyed the most about it in the comments below.
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: OMG! Prepare to lose your mind over the cover for Lisa Williamson’s new novel
- QUIZ: What would book should you read based on your favourite Disney villain?
- Leigh Bardugo reveals how she really feels about being on tour with Rainbow Rowell
- We went to YA Shot 2016 and OMG our bookish brains were blown
- QUIZ: Which Hermione Granger gif are you based on your fave 1D member?