‘Lois Lane: Fall Out’ follows the leading lady of the Superman comics in her own adventure. Off to high school and trying to fit in, this smart, savvy heroine refuses to sit by while a mysterious tech gang rule the school. MP!er Emily received a copy from MP! in exchange for an honest review:
The cover of ‘Lois Lane: Fall Out’ immediately grabbed my attention, the design was unique and I could tell that the book was going to be great! As well as this, as the book is about ‘Lois Lane’ and is Marvel related I already knew I would love it, I am a Marvel fan however, this book really grabbed me because of its unique aspects. This is the background story of Clark Kent’s fiancée, one of the only Marvel products not about a superhero but about a curious, witty girl who you can relate to!
The cover of the book is amazing! The colours are amazing; I also love how it came in a different colour cover as well! I love how behind the silhouette of Lois’ head you can see the writing and words of the book; this is very unique! The small amount of red on the front of the book shows that there is danger involved which may draw more people’s attention!
I loved Lois’ character, I felt like I could show so much empathy! I love how she is witty, curious and caring about her friends. I also love that she a tint of danger in her blood, she is not afraid of anyone or anything and is very determined to seek out what is really going on with her friends!
The plot was very gripping! There were many surprises along the way, the story started somewhat slowly however, it suddenly got a lot more interesting as soon as I found out a bit more about all the characters. The climax definitely increased throughout the book, especially at the middle!
I would definitely read another book by Gwenda Bond! I find it hard to get in to a book sometimes, but with this genre and her style of writing I was very intrigued and I felt like I just had to read on!
Overall, I would give this book a definite 10/10, this may be because of the genre I like. But I truly think this is one of the best books I have read! From the cover to blurb the book is amazing throughout, in every aspect!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- QUIZ: Wanna know what diverse read you should pick up next? Find out here
- EXTRACT: read the first 3 chapters of ‘Lois Lane: Fall Out’ right now
- Q&A with ‘This Raging Light’ author, Estelle Laure: “a person can be flawed and valuable at the same time”