FOUR DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! The countdown is really starting to accelerate now and we’re nearly ready. There’s still a few more presents to wrap and there’s always that one distant relative that we leave until the last minute to buy for. We’ll be ready for Sunday… probably. Still, we heard the best news today and it will 100% make your Christmas Day SO much better – trust us.
Radio 1 have announced that Little Mix will be taking over for the whole day on 25th December. They’ll be taking over as part of Radio 1’s ‘Superstar Playlist’ which will consist of a lot of Shawn Mendes, The Vamps and Dua Lipa.
Between 10am and 4pm, each artist will have their own hour to do whatever they want with. We can’t wait to hear which songs Little Mix will play and we also can’t wait to listen to Shawn Mendes speak for a whole hour. YES PLEASE. He’s even recently said “Christmas Day morning I’m so excited to be taking over Radio 1 for a whole hour playing some of my favourite songs right now and bringing in the holiday with you. I can’t wait!” Neither can we Shawn, neither can we.
Here’s the full schedule:
- 10-11am: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with Shawn Mendes
- 11am-12noon: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with Little Mix
- 12noon-1pm: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with The Vamps
- 1-2pm: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with Panic! At The Disco
- 2-3pm: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with Alessia Cara
- 3-4pm: Radio 1’s Superstar Playlist with Dua Lipa
Had enough of your family on Christmas Day? Bored of Christmas TV and want a change? Radio 1’s got you covered.
Does this make you even more excited for Christmas? Let us know by commenting below!