L. A. Weatherly’s ‘Broken Sky’ is “an exhilarating epic set in a daring and distorted echo of 1940s America.” Truth!
It’s been out for a little while now, but just in case you still haven’t made your mind up about it here’s 7 reasons why this is most definitely should be your new series to shamelessly fangirl over.
1. Girls in them planes. Yeah, not to be confused with snakes on them planes. Totally different vibe. We love the girls, and the boys, who take to the skies in spitfire-esque planes to settle disputes for their territory. How? Aerobatics and bullets. Described in beautifully compelling detail.
— stephanie king (@beret_girl) March 8, 2016
3. The plot thickens. And like the best kinds of foods (we’re talking custard, gravy, fondue) the thicker it gets, the better it is. ‘Broken Sky’ drops one bombshell only to reveal its holding three more above your head. So much intrigue. So much we need to know. Now. GIVE US BOOK TWO ALREADY!
4. The rest of the characters are pretty tight too. Alright, so everyone’s an Ingo fangirl *sigh*. But L. A. Weatherly has created such an eclectic and believable bunch of characters that they almost become like family by the end of the book. Heroes and villains alike; each is so cleverly drawn in words.
(This is how authors do it, right?)
5. The stakes are high. And similar to how the plot thickens, the stakes get higher. By the end we felt like we had been clenching our toes for the entire time. These are the desperate times Amity lives in. IRK! TENSIONS!
6. Speaking of Amity… She’s fantastic. A main character you can truly root for, and you end up feeling all the feels right along with her. *lip wobble*
7. The cover art is on fleek! And we spied the cover for book two ‘Darkness Falls’ in this twitter update:
— Whalley Range High (@wrhs1118) March 3, 2016
This series is going to look bombastic on instagram…
Convinced? Well, what are you waiting for? Get your copy here.
Already read it? Tell us what you thought @maximumpopbooks