It’s Lauren Jauregui’s 20th birthday today!
It only seems like yesterday that she was auditioning for The X Factor USA, but Lauren is all grown up now. To celebrate her birthday, here are twenty of our favourite Lauren moments.
1. Her killer vocal on ‘Write On Me’:
2. When she came to London and slayed us all in a suit.
3. The time she couldn’t control her laughter on stage
4. The time she worked a wind machine
5. She clearly loves her bandmates, and says the nicest things about them.
Happy HAPPY 19th Birthday to my Dinahhhh(: you are such a positive, beautiful, humble, happy soul. You shine light on all the days I find dark. You make it a point to laugh and enjoy your life and inspire me every single day to be better. Thank you for being such a dope friend to me and making this journey so much fun❤️ I love you lil sis☺️☺️ @dinahjane97
6. Remember when they performed a Spanglish version of ‘Worth It’? Lauren killed that performance:
7. Her look from the ‘Worth It’ video. We wish we looked that good in a suit.
8. Speaking of video looks, she looked goals in the leather dress is ‘Bo$$’.
9. Remember when she was asked to sing her fave 2016 song and she sang ‘Consideration’ by Rihanna and it was incredible.
10. Is there any suit that she doesn’t look gorgeous in?
11. In the ‘All In My Head’ video, where she was serving everything goals.
12. Remember when she auditioned for ‘The X Factor’, she looked like a star even back then.
13. In fact, all of her solos from The X Factor were amazing.
14. Above all that, though, she’s so intelligent and woke.
Everyone who has seen this picture and immediately scoffed or giggled or rolled their eyes as to why a young 19 year old girl would ever post something as profane as a book titled SLUT to an audience of young adolescent girls who have no idea what this word means or what it has been created to mean, I would greatly encourage you to open your mind with me, even if only for a moment, to read this book. No matter what gender you identify as in this systematic gender binary, I felt greatly educated and aware at the end of this and I think it's an amazing book to help educate ourselves about what not only women, but also men, go through on a regular basis in this patriarchal society.
15. Back to her vocals, and they’re currently sounding better than ever on the ‘7/27 Tour’.
16. And she’s just so relatable. Like, she could be our BFF.
17. In fact, she is us around our friends and we love it
18. We need to talk about how incredible she looked in the ‘Work From Home’ video. So. Incredible.
19. She is also such a natural beauty.
20. But most of all, we just love her vocals. What a woman.
Do you love Lauren as much as us. Let us know by tweeting us at @maximumpop.