Lady Gaga’s hair at the 2016 Oscars is the perfect example of classic sophistication. The voluminous curls with the platinum color—we’re obsessed. Celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras tells Marie Claire magazine, “We wanted a timeless and elegant look for her first Oscars.” Nailed it.
Here’s exactly how Aspiras achieved this look for Miss Gaga, so you can copy it for yourself.
- Use a heat protectant spray on freshly washed hair
- Blow dry with a boar bristle brush to get smooth volume
- With a 1″ barrel curling iron, curl hair at the front
- With a 1 1/4″ barrel curling iron, curl hair from the crown to the nape
- After curling each piece, Aspiras says, “I held the curl in my hand and sprayed it with a curl hold spray, then pinned the curl in place.”
- Gaga sat under a dryer hood for 15 minutes, which you can achieve by using your blow dryer on its lowest speed and highest heat setting
- Let hair cool and remove pins
- Gently brush out curls
- Sculpt curls into the direction you want using a wide tooth comb
- Finish with hairspray!
Such a perfect style.