‘The Outliers’ is Kimberly McCreight’s debut YA book. She’s great success with her adult fiction, and it all signs point to glory with this book too.
Mystery, intrigue, and already optioned for film? ‘The Outliers’ is one to watch, for sure. But in case you still needed convincing this author is a boss, here’s some reasons why we think she rocks it.
1. Her determination, even when her worst writing enemy was technically herself, is inspiring to any would-be author.
“Luckily, the part of my own bargain that I never could seem to keep—even when I seemed crazy, even to myself—was the part about giving up.”
Read more about her journey to publication here.
2. She’s scared of watermelons?
Yes. I am afraid of watermelons. Don't mock me. At least not until you know why. https://t.co/NQre6BrBuD
— Kimberly McCreight (@kimmccreight) May 9, 2016
(Also, do we get points for linking to a tweet that links back to us? #skill)
3. Is a total queen on social media:
— Kimberly McCreight (@kimmccreight) May 5, 2016
4. Kimberly McCreight just GETS US.
5. Not only does she write super swish books… she runs marathons? Colour us worn out just thinking about it.
— Kimberly McCreight (@kimmccreight) January 8, 2016
Need we go on? Kimberly McCreight is every bit as awesome as her new book ‘The Outliers’. For real.
Haven’t got your copy yet? You can grab one here.
- Alexandra Bracken reveals her writing process and the books coming up on her TBR
- We reckon you’re more “bluff” than “buff” when it comes to historical YA fiction. Want to prove us wrong?
- Are you a watcher or a player? Do you have the ‘nerve’? Watch the trailer and find out!
- MP! Review: ‘The Square Root of Summer’ is the read for the upcoming season. Trust.
- Can you master the most difficult Derek Landy quiz EVER?
- It’s impossible not to fall in love with the new cover for Jennifer Donnelly’s ‘These Shallow Graves’
- In honour of Patrick Ness’s ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’, we bring you the Unchosen Ones of YA!
- Writing YA: What’s my genre?