It’s always sad, and somewhat heartbreaking… Wait. It’s INCREDIBLY heartbreaking… when a favourite series comes to a close.
But ‘The Crown’ is like the icing on the cake. Heck, it’s not just us raving about it. Here’s what y’all on Twitter had to say:
There’s a lot of excitement to start this book:
— Amanda Forker (@Grifflepuff) May 13, 2016
But then… some people have already started, and have finished, and now what are they to do?
— Shereena (@ShereenaAli) May 13, 2016
And others just can’t, ok?
— audrey 🐐🐐e (@aagstar5) May 13, 2016
We can totes relate to this:
— Trist (@tristbuckley) May 13, 2016
It’s just one of those emotional roller-coaster reads…
My god I'm only one chapter in and I'm already sobbing 😭😭😭😭😭😭 #TheCrown
— Shannon McCarter (@McCarterShanon) May 12, 2016
So many feels.
I didn't see that ending coming, but I guess I kind of did… now I'm crying because I'm confused and happy at the same time. #TheCrown
— Chang (@changmillan) May 12, 2016
But even though it’s sad, there is so much love spilling over for the author:
— Macy Misa (@NacyMisa) May 12, 2016
— Shania Nickle (@yogibrown2) May 11, 2016
And sure, you can’t always win the ‘ship wars.. But one thing is universally accepted:
Have you read ‘The Crown’ yet? One a scale of 1-10 how much did your heart hurt? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
You haven’t got a copy? For shame! Grab yours here.
- Alexandra Bracken reveals her writing process and the books coming up on her TBR
- We reckon you’re more “bluff” than “buff” when it comes to historical YA fiction. Want to prove us wrong?
- Are you a watcher or a player? Do you have the ‘nerve’? Watch the trailer and find out!
- MP! Review: ‘The Square Root of Summer’ is the read for the upcoming season. Trust.
- Can you master the most difficult Derek Landy quiz EVER?
- It’s impossible not to fall in love with the new cover for Jennifer Donnelly’s ‘These Shallow Graves’
- In honour of Patrick Ness’s ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’, we bring you the Unchosen Ones of YA!
- Writing YA: What’s my genre?